YarkMom is a contest sponsored by Yark Automotive Group and Toledo Parent News to recognize the area's best mom. Contestants may submit entries to the online web portal YarkMom.com as a written or video entry. Written submissions must be no more than 200 words and videos should be no more than 3 mins long. All entries will become property of Yark Automotive Group and ToledoParent News and may be used in various marketing campaigns including but not limited to this contest. Additionally, entries will be actively shared on various social media sites including the entrants name, city and state. Entires will be collected throughout the month with each month's entries closing on the 20th. Entries accepted after the 20th will be placed in the following month's competition. A selection board from Yark Automotive Group will select the winning mom of each month and that winner will be contacted by ToledoParent News of their winning. The last day for submissions will be December 20th, 2011. January 2012, all monthly winners will be placed on www.facebook.com/YarkMom.com for the public to view and vote on their favorite. The grand prize winner will receive a 2 year lease on a Yark Automotive Group vehicle to be determined by Yark Automotive Group at the time of the final drawing. The Grand Prize Winner must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license and maintain full coverage insurance on the winning vehicle. All rules are subject to change and interpretation by Yark Automotive Group and ToledoParent News.
Follow the instructions below on how to submit a video testimonial.
How to set up a YouTube account:
1. Visit YouTube.com
2. Create an account by clicking on "Create Account” in the top right corner.
3. Fill in standard variables and select "I accept."
4. Once set up, be sure you are signed in and then you can upload your video.
How to upload a video to YouTube:
1. Visit YouTube.com
2. Log into your account
3. Click the “Upload” button on the top homepage. It’s to the right of the search bar, next to Browse
4. Click the “Upload Video” button. Click “Browse” to search for a video on your computer. When you find the video file, click “Upload Video”
5. Enter the details required, the title of the video, the description of the video, what the category the video should be in and the tags. Please make sure to label your
video as such:
a. Title: Include your first and last name as well as your city and state. Example: Jane Doe Toledo Ohio
b. Description: Quick description of your video
c. Tags: Tag Yark Automotive Group
d. Category: Autos and Vehicles
e. Privacy: Public
6. Click “Save Changes”
How to email us your YouTube video:
1. Click your account name in the top right corner next to Sign Out
2. Click on “My Channel” within the drop down menu
3. Click on the video you wish to Share
4. Below the video click “Share” and email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. In the message portion include your first and last name, and city and state